Skip to main content

Patni Launched Inventory Liability And Risk Management Dashboard

Today Patni Computer Systems launched Inventory Liability And Risk Management Dashboard in collaboration with SAP.

Detail news released says that "The solution, built on top of the SAP Supply Network Collaboration (SAP SNC) application and leveraging the SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise software, helps enterprises calculate in near real time the monetary value of the inventory which is at risk at any given point across the supply chain."

"“Built on top of SAP SNC and leveraging SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise, the solution addresses a key challenge faced by high-tech OEMs in the current economic environment,” said Holger Fritzinger, vice president, industry business unit high tech, SAP Labs LLC. “By deploying this solution, high-tech OEMs will be able to exercise better visibility and control of their critical inventory and suppliers.”

Still to watch demo. Let me dig this some more and I will come back with an opinion.

-Prashant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Data Management – Product or Process ?

I have 2 SAP systems and I want to fix my material master, Services Master. I want all that data to be clean, standardized, classified, enriched and load it back to my SAP in next 6 months. What do you suggest ? Chris - one of my key client was explaining during a “solution understanding” call. My sales manager Tom, enthusiastically started talking about new version of the MDM platform by ERP company, tools, technologies, product landscape, licenses etc. After 30 minutes of sales pitch, I could see confusion on Chris’s face clearly. He said - but I don’t want to add any new product in my infrastructure for all this. Can you just implement MDM for me without I adding any new software ?   Both are using MDM implementation as a keyword, but in a completely different context. Chris wants to implement MDM as a process while Tom was trying to sell MDM as a new software. Whats the difference ? Lot I will say. MDM as a product – when you sell a   software license to a...

Data Management – Are we all speaking same language ?

I compared the “Data Management” with a story of Elephant and Seven Blind Men in my last blog post http://manageyourdata.blogspot.in/2012/09/data-management-elephant-seven-blind-men.html . I promised to start writing my views about the issues that I heard so far from my customers, consultants and product companies that I worked with. The first issue is confusion with the whole terminology. This seems very basic thing but if all stakeholders in this value chain are not talking same language, same terms with same meaning the initiative is doomed to fail. 5 years back in 2007, when I was working on evaluating a “data mapper” product for a company in California – I realized how complex a terminolgy issue can be. I was at their office for 2 days, going through product screens, meeting high value real architects. The product was really good, nice UI, good functionality – but less appeal in the market. I was talking to marketing head, and he said – Prashant ask me questions about...

Data Management - Terminologies & Definitions

As a third step in my Data Management article series – lets look at commonly used terminology in the domain. Now these are very standard definitions I am quoting from a standard available glossary. The next step – next article would be to explain the relevance and usage of these terminology in business world. E.g. How to look at data standardization in supplier data context or material data context – when it comes to optimizing your procurement processes. That’s next. In my first article in this data management series –I compared data management with the story of elephant and seven blind men. http://manageyourdata.blogspot.in/2012/09/data-management-elephant-seven-blind-men.html The second post is more about – why its important to speak same language when you are running any data management initiative.   http://manageyourdata.blogspot.in/2012/09/data-management-are-we-all-speaking.html Data analysis : Analysis of data is a process of inspecting, cleaning, transfo...